thanks to hugen, NT7S Jason, hwalker, Rune / 5Q5R
the original nanoVNA by edy555 has elegant RF design
Other hobbyist VNA, antenna analyzer, and software defined radio
- a single Si5351A clock
- three SA612AD mixers (reference, port 0 + 1)
- resistor bridge for port 0 "reflection"
- stereo TLV320AUC3204 analog-to-digital converter
- left, right channels for inline, quadrature
- three internally-switched single-ended input (IQ)pairs for reference, ports 0 + 1
share many of these design concepts.
edy555's open source design was in limited distribution as a kit.
nanoVNA-H commercialized by Hugen reduced cost and enhanced usability
- working LiPo
- refined touch screen
- better PCB layout, RF shielding
- third harmonic operation 300-900MHz
- Touchstone file export
- standalone PC software
At least 5 nanoVNA-H implementations
Variations may come
with or without batteries,
battery leads soldered or by connector,
better or worse calibration kits,
SMA connectors fully soldered or not,
calibrated (touchscreen and/or OSLT) or not.
rear cover shielded or not
Many vendors may ship different units over time.
- black, shields, USB-C
- Hugen's @ gen111.taobao.com and close clones
- white, micro USB "gekko"
- initially most available on eBay
- black, unshielded, USB-C, missing CH0 script
- AKA "Worse clone"
- NanoVNA-H V3.3
- 5.1K Type-C CC resistors
- Hugen mid-October 2019
- full case
- NanoVNA-H V2
- V2 will use two synthesizers that overlap for up to ~ 3 GHz measurement range
- messages by NanoVNA V2 layout designer Gabriel Tenma White
Diagram from a preview @ RTL-SDR.COM:
Note the number of switches, making component selection and board layout more critical.
- "NanoVNA 2"
- Different from "NanoVNA-H V2"...
From original nanoVNA inventor Tomohiro AKA edy355,
per this message
J.R.R. Tolkien: "Those who approve of courtesy (at least) to living authors"
nanoVNA in name only
- Larger screen, different processor & RTOS (so obviously firmware), perhaps some similar commands.
This has its own group for good reasons.